منتدى طلاب الأدب الإنكليزي بجامعة الفرات
أهلاً وسهلاً بكم في رحاب منتديات طلاب الأدب الإنكليزي بجامعة الفرات
نتمنى لكم أجمل الاوقات كما يسعدنا أنضمامكم لمنتدانا والمشاركة به
أهلاً وسهلاً بكم في رحاب منتديات طلاب الأدب الإنكليزي بجامعة الفرات
نتمنى لكم أجمل الاوقات كما يسعدنا أنضمامكم لمنتدانا والمشاركة به
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

مرحباً بعودتك مجدداً زائر نتمنى لك قضاء أجمل الاوقات معنا

الرئيسيةبوابة الموقعأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
هــام ::.. يرجى من الزوار والاعضاء الكرام زيارة الصفحة الرسمية على الفيس بوك لمتابعة اخر اخبار الكلية والنتائج الامتحانية جميعها للفصل الثاني والثالث ..يمكن للطلبة الحصول على كشف للعلامات من محافظة الرقة -قسم كلية الآداب- موعد امتحانات دير الزور هو بتاريخ 17/2/2013-16/3/2013.- سيتم اصدار عدة مقررات مع بداية الاسبوع القادم - يحق للطلاب المقيمين بغير محافظة الحسكة والرقة تقديم امتحناتهم بتلك الجامعة وفق منهاج تلك الجامعة اما الراغبين بتقديم امتحاناتهم حسب منهاج جامعة الفرات فالتقديم بمحافظتي الحسكة والرقة. موعد تسجيل الطلاب القدامى والايقاف هو بعد انتهاء الامتحانات -طلاب الدير- اما موعد ايقاف التسجيل لطلاب المستجدين فهو بتاريخ 2/1/2013-31/1/2013
المواضيع الأخيرة
» رسالة مدير المنتدى 2016
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2016-07-30, 01:14 من طرف Admin

» النتائج الامتحانية 20114-2015
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2014-09-01, 12:29 من طرف Admin

» النتائج الأمتحانية للدورة الفصلية الثانية 2012
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2013-09-02, 06:42 من طرف أبو عاصم العطيوي

» أخر النتائج الصادرة للفصل الثاني 6/8/2011
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2013-02-04, 23:33 من طرف محمد شاهر

» التكميلة؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2013-01-07, 00:17 من طرف محمد شاهر

» كيف نقطع الشعر؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2013-01-04, 19:57 من طرف Admin

» استفسار عن ايقاف التسجيل
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-12-31, 05:23 من طرف rawda.syria

» بالصور: الثلج يحفظ جثة فتاة 500 عام
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-12-14, 07:52 من طرف Admin

» مساعدة في شرح قصيدة
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-12-04, 05:43 من طرف rawda.syria

» مسا لخير
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-26, 09:55 من طرف Admin

» سؤال
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-26, 08:30 من طرف Admin

» سؤال ضروري و عاجل
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-26, 07:38 من طرف Admin

» وين الكل
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-25, 06:49 من طرف Admin

» ريجيم الماء
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-25, 05:32 من طرف Admin

»  10طرق لتحسين طريقة تحدثك بالأنجليزية
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2012-11-20, 05:20 من طرف rawda.syria

أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
Admin - 3354
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Vote_rcapDrama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Voting_barDrama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Vote_lcap 
gone with the wind - 2407
Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Vote_rcapDrama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Voting_barDrama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Vote_lcap 
Back with the wind - 2221
محمد شاهر - 1981
جريحة الصمت - 1107
ghost whisperer - 776
mado - 768
sea of hope - 552
The wind storm - 479
nonage - 467
أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا الشهر
لا يوجد مستخدم
أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا الأسبوع
لا يوجد مستخدم
المواضيع الأكثر شعبية
مصطلحـــــــــــات حلبيــــــــــــــــة!!!
كرسي الأعتراف ...Moment of Truth
Dr. Faustus Quiz
مزاجك يوم بيوم
مزاجك يوم بيوم
احتاج المساعدة تفصيلية من أجل البراقراف و الأوت لايت
تعوا نتذكر سوا برنامج التلفزيون السوري قديما
:: عبر عن شعورك بأغنية ::
الفرق بين ms و miss و Mrs.
بعض العكوس الهامة في اللغة الانكليزية

Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus

اذهب الى الأسفل 
4 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
محمد شاهر
مشرف ومراسل السنة الأولى
مشرف ومراسل السنة الأولى
محمد شاهر

ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 1981
الدولة : Syria
الكلية : Faculty of Arts
السـنة الدراسية : second
النشاط : 2739
تاريخ التسجيل : 10/02/2011

Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-29, 12:35

good morning everybody

the following are the most important themes in the play of Dr. Faustus

The Conflict between Medieval and Renaissance Values
Scholar R.M. Dawkins famously remarked that Doctor Faustus tells “the story of a Renaissance man who had to pay the medieval price for being one.” While slightly simplistic, this quotation does get at the heart of one of the play’s central themes: the clash between the medieval world and the world of the emerging Renaissance. The medieval world placed God at the center of existence and shunted aside man and the natural world. The Renaissance was a movement that began in Italy in the fifteenth century and soon spread throughout Europe, carrying with it a new emphasis on the individual, on classical learning, and on scientific inquiry into the nature of the world. In the medieval academy, theology was the queen of the sciences. In the Renaissance, though, secular matters took center stage.
Faustus, despite being a magician rather than a scientist (a blurred distinction in the sixteenth century), explicitly rejects the medieval model. In his opening speech in scene 1, he goes through every field of scholarship, beginning with logic and proceeding through medicine, law, and theology, quoting an ancient authority for each: Aristotle on logic, Galen on medicine, the Byzantine emperor Justinian on law, and the Bible on religion. In the medieval model, tradition and authority, not individual inquiry, were key. But in this soliloquy, Faustus considers and rejects this medieval way of thinking. He resolves, in full Renaissance spirit, to accept no limits, traditions, or authorities in his quest for knowledge, wealth, and power.
The play’s attitude toward the clash between medieval and Renaissance values is ambiguous. Marlowe seems hostile toward the ambitions of Faustus, and, as Dawkins notes, he keeps his tragic hero squarely in the medieval world, where eternal damnation is the price of human pride. Yet Marlowe himself was no pious traditionalist, and it is tempting to see in Faustus—as many readers have—a hero of the new modern world, a world free of God, religion, and the limits that these imposed on humanity. Faustus may pay a medieval price, this reading suggests, but his successors will go further than he and suffer less, as we have in modern times. On the other hand, the disappointment and mediocrity that follow Festus's pact with the devil, as he descends from grand ambitions to petty conjuring tricks, might suggest a contrasting interpretation. Marlowe may be suggesting that the new, modern spirit, though ambitious and glittering, will lead only to a Faustian dead end.

Sin, Redemption, and Damnation
Insofar as Doctor Faustus is a Christian play, it deals with the themes at the heart of Christianity’s understanding of the world. First, there is the idea of sin, which Christianity defines as acts contrary to the will of God. In making a pact with Lucifer, Faustus commits what is in a sense the ultimate sin: not only does he disobey God, but he consciously and even eagerly renounces obedience to him, choosing instead to swear allegiance to the devil. In a Christian framework, however, even the worst deed can be forgiven through the redemptive power of Jesus Christ, God’s son, who, according to Christian belief, died on the cross for humankind’s sins. Thus, however terrible Festus's pact with Lucifer may be, the possibility of redemption is always open to him. All that he needs to do, theoretically, is ask God for forgiveness. The play offers countless moments in which Faustus considers doing just that, urged on by the good angel on his shoulder or by the old man in scene 12—both of whom can be seen either as emissaries of God, personifications of Festus's conscience, or both.
Each time, Faustus decides to remain loyal to hell rather than seek heaven. In the Christian framework, this turning away from God condemns him to spend an eternity in hell. Only at the end of his life does Faustus desire to repent, and, in the final scene, he cries out to Christ to redeem him. But it is too late for him to repent. In creating this moment in which Faustus is still alive but incapable of being redeemed, Marlowe steps outside the Christian worldview in order to maximize the dramatic power of the final scene. Having inhabited a Christian world for the entire play, Faustus spends his final moments in a slightly different universe, where redemption is no longer possible and where certain sins cannot be forgiven.

The Divided Nature of Man
Faustus is constantly undecided about whether he should repent and return to God or continue to follow his pact with Lucifer. His internal struggle goes on throughout the play, as part of him of wants to do well and serve God, but part of him (the dominant part, it seems) lusts after the power that Mephistopheles promises. The good angel and the evil angel, both of whom appear at Festus's shoulder in order to urge him in different directions, symbolize this struggle. While these angels may be intended as an actual pair of supernatural beings, they clearly represent Festus's divided will, which compels Faustus to commit to Mephistopheles but also to question this commitment continually.

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
gone with the wind
نائب المدير العام
نائب المدير العام
gone with the wind

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 2407
العمر : 32
الدولة : سوريا
الكلية : الاداب
السـنة الدراسية : ثانية
النشاط : 2665

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-29, 16:56

يالله يا محمد عنجد منونتك كتييييير
انا عم دور على هيك قصص لانو هالمادة كلها بدها تكون جهدنا ولمعلوماتك مبارح خلصت المسرحية كااااااملة
بس بلا تحديد كوتيشنات او تعليقات اضافية
فأنا عم اشتغل فيها لوحدي وعم فكر حتى ما كمل محاضرات لانو ما فادتني ولا بكلمة
يسلموووووو اخي عالموجهود بالتوفيق يارب
Thank you
Admin
المدير العــام
المدير العــام

ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 3354
العمر : 36
الكلية : الادب الانكليزي
السـنة الدراسية : متخرج
النشاط : 3663
تاريخ التسجيل : 24/09/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-29, 17:44

المواضيع اخي محمد , اكتب بافكار بسيطة فقط
Back with the wind
المراقب العام
المراقب العام
Back with the wind

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 2221
السـنة الدراسية : الثانية
النشاط : 2547
تاريخ التسجيل : 27/02/2011

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-30, 01:41

والله ياغون أنا بنصحك لا تكملي محاظراتها لأنو أنا حظرتلها مرة وحدة وتوبت lol! هههههههه

مشكووور أخ محمد وبالتوفيق جميعا ... Good
محمد شاهر
مشرف ومراسل السنة الأولى
مشرف ومراسل السنة الأولى
محمد شاهر

ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 1981
الكلية : Faculty of Arts
السـنة الدراسية : second
النشاط : 2739

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-30, 12:03

اقتباس :
لا تكملي محاظراتها لأنو أنا حظرتلها مرة وحدة وتوبت

لك له له لهل له ليييييييييييييييييييييش

طيب تعالي احظري شعر و ما رح تندمي
gone with the wind
نائب المدير العام
نائب المدير العام
gone with the wind

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 2407
الكلية : الاداب
السـنة الدراسية : ثانية
النشاط : 2665

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-30, 20:53

اي من هي الناحية باك مانها مقصرة لانو بالاصل تفريغا يوم السبت بقا ما بتضيع عليها
محاضرات الشعر
catch you
Back with the wind
المراقب العام
المراقب العام
Back with the wind

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 2221
السـنة الدراسية : الثانية
النشاط : 2547
تاريخ التسجيل : 27/02/2011

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus    Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus  I_icon_minitime2011-11-30, 23:19

أي طبعا ولو أنا من السنة الأولى بحضر محاظرات الشعر لأنها أحلى شي والاستاذ غطفان كمان طريقتو حلوة بالاعطاء Victory

Drama 2 - themes of Dr. Fautus
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Dr. Fautus play
» Drama terms
» Main themes in Everyman
» How to Analyze a Poem: Themes, Figures of Speech

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتدى طلاب الأدب الإنكليزي بجامعة الفرات :: قسم الأدب الأنكليزي :: :: الســنة الثانية ::-
انتقل الى: